K2 Instrument (22/23)
For some of us each run at the resort is like listening to a jazz band play a live show - it’s spontaneous, making decisions on the fly, of where to carve, where to slash, and how fast to roll into the next side hit. The easiest way to describe it is that Read more
- For some of us each run at the resort is like listening to a jazz band play a live show - it’s spontaneous, making decisions on the fly, of where to carve, where to slash, and how fast to roll into the next side hit. The easiest way to describe it is that you simply get into the groove…
This directional snowboard features a directional camber line and utilizes our Volume Shift™ design to add just the right amount of width to the board for laying trenches on groomers. A longer radius in the tip of the board eases turn initiation, while a deeper sidecut underfoot helps to rail turns. The Instrument features a 3/4” inch set back and 10mm of taper to help it plane out in the deep stuff.
The Instrument is laid atop a hard, fast Sintered 4000 base. Inside, our sustainably sourced S1 core is equal parts durable and damp underfoot. Carbon Torque Forks™ extend out from the insert pack to the contact points for responsive power-transfer, and the entire package is wrapped in our ICG™ 10 Biax Fiberglass - featuring tip-to-tail carbon stringers for increased pop and extra stability for when it gets rowdy.
- Feature 1: NEW! S1 Core - Lightweight, snappy, and durable, our ALL NEW! A1 Core is made from three renewable species of timber - Bamboo, Aspen, and Paulownia. Aspen-dominant to highlight the snap and response of this wood, we’ve combined it with Bamboo at 30 ° underfoot to increase strength, supercharge the edge-to-edge response, and increase the pressure distribution along the edge. We’ve also placed lightweight paulownia in the tip and tail help to reduce swingweight.
- Feature 2: ICG™ 10 Biax Carbon Glass - Integrating Carbon Fiber stringers that run the length of the board into our fiberglass increases the snap of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Feature 3: Carbon Torque Forks™ - Carbon stringers extend at 45º angles from the inserts toward the tip and tail, adding responsiveness and stability at all speeds.
- Feature 4: Hybritech™ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Feature 5: Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better that extruded materials increasing speed and glide.
- Feature 6: Volume Shift™ - We reduce swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cms from your usual snowboard length.