K2 Niseko Pleasures (21/22)
Inspired by one of the world‚Äôs ultimate powder and groomer destinations, the K2 Niseko Pleasures takes its name from the Niseko region of Hokkaido, Japan. Tweaked and tested-and-approved by long-time K2 Snowboarding Team Rider Yo Amagai, we‚Äôve tapped Read more
- Inspired by one of the world‚Äôs ultimate powder and groomer destinations, the K2 Niseko Pleasures takes its name from the Niseko region of Hokkaido, Japan. Tweaked and tested-and-approved by long-time K2 Snowboarding Team Rider Yo Amagai, we‚Äôve tapped into the locals' knowledge to develop the best possible tool for riding powder and groomers.¬†
The Niseko Pleasures is built for the advanced to expert snowboarder, and features our smooth-flexing Bambooyah‚Ñ¢ Pro Core and biaxial fiberglass lay-up sandwiched between a hard, fast Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Race Base, waxable P-Tex sidewalls, and a snow-shedding SnoPhobic‚Ñ¢ topsheet.¬†
The tip and tail shape, a wider-than-normal waist width, and 20mm of taper all work in perfect harmony to glide through powder and keep the nose well above the snow for easy navigation and maneuverability.
The mid-wide shape allows riders to downsize ~5cm from their normal snowboard length without sacrificing float, and the Niseko Pleasures‚Äô tapered directional shape helps the tail sink while easing turn initiation and exit for effortless edge changes on any terrain.
- Feature 1: Bambooyah‚Ñ¢ Core - Sustainably harvested bamboo, aspen, and paulownia combine to deliver a damp and responsive feel. Our Bambooyah‚Ñ¢ cores are backed by a 5-year warranty against breakage.
- Feature 2: Biax Glass - A fiberglass weave intersecting at 90¬∫ angles provides just the right amount of torsional flexibility and strength.
- Feature 3: Hybritech‚Ñ¢ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Feature 4: Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Base - The hardest, fastest, most wax-absorbing base we make. Our 5500 Sintered Material gets carbon additives that reduce friction and glides smoother.
- Feature 5: Volume Shift‚Ñ¢ - We reduce swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cms from your usual snowboard length.