- New for the 21/22 season, the K2 Special Effects is a soft snow specialist that can hold its own on groomers, hard pack, and long traverses out to the soft stuff.
We‚Äö√Ñ√¥re unleashing an exciting new design in the shape of the Special Effects. The nose of the board features 8mm of contour from heel to toe, making it easier than ever before to plane out in deep snow while providing predictable turn initiation regardless of snow or terrain type. This contour helps to deflect snow and slush, eliminating drag, and acting like a plow at the tip of your snowboard.
We harness the strength of our tri-wood blend Bambooyah‚Äö√ë¬¢ Core and wrap it with our ICG‚Äö√ë¬¢ 10 Carbon Fiberglass - featuring ten tip-to-tail carbon stringers--for an extremely strong, damp, and stable feel.
Our Volume Shift‚Äö√ë¬¢ design philosophy means you can downsize the board 4-10cm from your usual board length without sacrificing float while increasing maneuverability. Underfoot, the tough-as-nails Sintered 4000 is fast, durable, and holds wax much better than extruded base materials. Lastly, our Hybritech‚Äö√ë¬¢ Sidewalls are the most durable sidewall construction on the market, meaning this pow hunter will remain in your quiver for years to come.
- Feature 1: Bambooyah‚Äö√ë¬¢ Core - Sustainably harvested bamboo, aspen, and paulownia combine to deliver a damp and responsive feel. Our Bambooyah‚Äö√ë¬¢ cores are backed by a 5-year warranty against breakage.
- Feature 2: ICG‚Äö√ë¬¢ 10 Biax Carbon Glass - Integrating Carbon Fiber stringers that run the length of the board into our fiberglass increases the snap of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Feature 3: 3D Contour Nose - 8mm of convex 3D contour (spoon), gradually blended from the running surface into the nose of the board to float like hell and maintain a predictable feel on hardpack.¬¨‚Ä†
- Feature 4: Hybritech‚Äö√ë¬¢ Sidewall Construction - A K2 exclusive. By transitioning from a P-Tex sidewall into a capped construction in the tip and tail of our snowboards, we are able to reduce waste while giving our snowboards better energy transfer and making them more durable than our competitors.
- Feature 5: Sintered 4000 Base - Hard, fast, and durable, our Sintered Base material holds wax better that extruded materials increasing speed and glide.
Feature 6: Volume Shift‚Äö√ë¬¢ - We reduce swing weight and toe/heel drag by shifting surface area from the tip and tail to the waist of the snowboard. Downsize from 4-10 cms from your usual snowboard length.