K2 Freeloader Split Package (22/23)
Countless hours on the skin track. A healthy number of summits and ridgelines, and more pow turns than we can count. It’s all lead to this. The K2 Freeloader was built to climb faster, descend sharper, and get you further into the backcountry than any spl
- More information? Contact us about this product
- Add to comparison list
- Countless hours on the skin track. A healthy number of summits and ridgelines, and more pow turns than we can count. It’s all lead to this. The K2 Freeloader was built to climb faster, descend sharper, and get you further into the backcountry than any splitboard we’ve ever built.
The K2 Freeloader Splitboard package is built on the same unisex outline as our Marauder Split. A bit of taper in the tail of the Freeloader helps it sink in the deep stuff, while the wider nose stays up well above the surface and blasts through choppy snow.
We wanted to build a splitboard that was both lightweight and energetic, so we developed an all-new core for the Freeloader. Our Paulownia TourLite core is ultra-lightweight and is wrapped in a triaxial braided fiberglass featuring our ICG™️ 20 technology. By integrating 20 tip-to-tail carbon fiber stringers into the fiberglass, we add pop to the board without unnecessary weight for edging and traversing on firm slopes and extra snappiness on the decent.
Our premium top sheet technology, called Snophobic™️, reduces snow build-up on the top of the board while climbing to keep you moving fast and light. Less weight equals longer tours and more laps.
We added Karakoram Ultra Clips to the tip and tail to allow the split skis to be compressed tighter while at the same time reducing the opening and closing force from you. Once joined, the UltraClip™ fully constrains the seam of your splitboard to eliminate seam rattling, seam shearing, and seam rolling. This makes your splitboard feel more like a solid snowboard than ever before.
We round out the Freeloader with our Carbon Infused 5500 Sintered Base—the hardest and fastest-gliding base in our collection. This material holds wax longer than a traditional sintered base, and a black base material along the running surface makes for seamless repairs.
This Freeloader Package is equipped with Voile style binding mount pucks, mounting hardware, and pre-cut Pomoca 70/30 Mohair/Nylon Blend skins.
The Freeloader Split Package pairs perfectly with the K2 Far Out splitboard binding and the K2 Swiftstick 3-piece collapsible pole. Shop the K2 entire split collection.
- SnoPhobic Topsheet – Helps eliminate snow build up while touring up and riding down.
- Paulownia Tour-Lite Core – Up to 500g lighter than an average core to reduce touring fatigue.
- ICG™ 20 Carbon Glass – Increases pop, liveliness, and longevity of the snowboard without adding unnecessary rigidity.
- Karakoram UltraClips – USA Made Tip and Tail Clips for Unmatched Security
- Carbon Infused Sintered 5500 Base – The hardest, fastest base that we make – increased wax retention and decreased drag.
- Splitrack™ Inserts - Narrow channels take the place of standard binding screw inserts for nearly unlimited stance widths and binding placement.